The CDC on Sept. 7 recommended all individuals six months and older receive a seasonal flu vaccine, ideally by the end of October. According to Becker’s Hospital Review.
5 Flu Facts
- You CAN NOT get the fly from the fly vaccine.
- The Flu is worse than a ‘bad cold’, in fact the flu is a very serious, highly contagious disease. It affects the respiratory tract (lungs, throat and nose) but it can also cause secondary complications and attack other organs in the body.
- Children are 2-3 times more likely to develop influenza then adults. This is due to their less developed immune system. The CDC recommends that everyone 6 months and older should get vaccinated against the flu every year.
- The flu virus tends to spread from October to May, you can get vaccinated anytime during that ‘flu season’ to protect yourself.
- The flu vaccine is not 100% effective in preventing the flu, however the flu vaccine has been shown to reduce the risk of flu illness by up to 60% (Families Fighting Flu)
The flu is not fun. It can cause hospitalizations and even death and at the very least knock you out of your life for at least a week. Check with your local doctors office or local pharmacy to schedule your flu vaccine today.